Thursday, February 12, 2015

Finding Inspiration


It was good to get out the other day, leave the Burlington bubble. It seems like thick gray clouds have been hanging over Btown and heading south we pulled out from under it and saw a beautiful sunset. 
We headed to Fuller Hall in St Johnsbury to see two of my favorite musical acts.
I first saw Zap Mama at the old Higher Ground. Antibalas too. Both shows were mesmerizing and their music has made up much of the soundtrack to my life and infused my work. Last November I bought tix as soon as they announced this tour. I couldn't believe they were going to play together. I've never been front row center before and it was AWEsome. The show filled my cup back up. I hadn't realized how depleted it was. 
Marie Daulne is a such stunning, fierce force and bringer of positive vibrations. The combination with the huge band and rockin' sound from Antibalas made for a perfect, harmonious collaboration. Some sunshine and soul shine in the midst of a long cold winter. So many friends in the crowd feeling it too. And then we all got to pop out of our chairs and dance and then Marie joined us in the aisle and I got to dance with her. Zap! 
We even made a night of it and stayed up that way at a little B&B. The next day we awoke to crazy sunshine and blue skies.


So good to take these little breaks and rediscover yourself and the world and the things that make you happy. I felt recharged and ready to work when we got home. I finished up a ton of jewelry for a private Valentine's day show. Very excited for it and for the break that will follow... I don't really feel like last season's holiday train has stopped and I can't wait to take things slower and to work on new designs.

No comments: