Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Saturday was another lovely day at the Artist Market.  I managed to finish lots of new earrings, including several pairs using the Bronze Clay.  I tried out a few of my silver designs and they transfer really well to bronze.  They are much harder to hammer but the result is a very light earring, even lighter than the silver, which means I can go even bigger with my designs!  It was such a fun day and the weather was perfect.   There was an occasional gust of wind and at one point one of my earring stands blew over and sent two earrings flying.  I fixed the stand but I didn't notice for a few minutes and suddenly, in a panic wondered why I was missing a pair.  It occurred to me to look in front of my table and there they were, about a foot in front of the table and a foot apart from each other, just lying there, helpless.  Luckily they had not been stepped on and it was as if I could feel their relief when I rescued them.  I imagined they had been crying out "MOMMY!"  I know, I know.  They're just earrings, but they're all my babies!  
    Speaking of babies, there were so many puppies around.  This adorable little one was just chillin' in a bag.  Thus the Market pic of the day.

On Sunday I went for a bike ride with Claudia and sadly realized that it had been 7 years since I was last on a bike! But, it was just like riding a bicycle so it was all good.  We rode on the causeway and the lake was just magnificent! 
The first shot is looking to the left and the second is the view on the right.


No comments: